Effective as of February 1, 2024.
Future may provide additional or supplemental privacynotices to individuals for specific products or services that we offer at thetime we collect such personal information.
Personal information we collect:
Information you provide to us. Personal information you mayprovide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
Third-party sources. We may combine personal information wereceive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, suchas:
● Public sources, such as socialmedia platforms and other publicly available sources.
● Marketing partners, such asjoint marketing partners.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, andour business partners may automatically log information about you, yourcomputer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, ourcommunications and other online services, such as:
Cookies and similar technologies. Some of the automaticcollection described above is facilitated by the following cookies and similartechnologies:
Data about others. We may offer features thathelp users invite their friends or contacts to use the Service, and we maycollect contact details about these invitees so we can deliver theirinvitations. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact detailswith us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the followingpurposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
Research and development. We may use your personalinformation for research and development purposes, including to analyze andimprove the Service and our business.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers and ourthird-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal informationfor marketing and advertising purposes:
● Direct marketing. We may sendyou direct marketing email communications and text/SMS messaging. You mayopt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out ofmarketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personalinformation to:
● comply with applicable laws,lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requestsfrom government authorities;
● protect our, your or others’rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legalclaims);
● audit our internal processesfor compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internalpolicies;
● enforce the terms andconditions that govern the Service; and
● prevent, identify, investigateand deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity,including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically askfor your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such aswhen required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. Wemay create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personalinformation and other individuals whose personal information we collect. Wemake personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data byremoving information that makes the data identifiable to you. We may use thisanonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties forour lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service andpromote our business.
Cookies and similar technologies. In addition to the otheruses included in this section, we may use the Cookies and similar technologiesdescribed above for the following purposes:
· Technical operation. To allow the technicaloperation of the Service, such as by remembering your selections andpreferences as you navigate the Service.
· Functionality. To enhance the performanceand functionality of the Service.
· Advertising. To help our third-partyadvertising partners collect information about how you use the Service andother online services over time, which they use to show you ads on other onlineservices they believe will interest you and measure how the ads perform
· Analytics. To help us understand useractivity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited andhow visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with ouremails. For example, we may use third party services provided byAmplitude that offer analytics on users’ interactions with the Services thathelp us diagnose usability problems and identify areas for improvement. You canlearn more about Amplitude at https://amplitude.com/privacy.
Retention. We generally retain personal information tofulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes ofsatisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish ordefend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes. To determine theappropriate retention period for personal information, we may consider factorssuch as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, thepotential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personalinformation, the purposes for which we process your personal information andwhether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicablelegal requirements.
When we no longer require the personal information we havecollected about you, we may either delete it, anonymize it, or isolate it fromfurther processing.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. Third parties that provide serviceson our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting,information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, consumerresearch and website analytics).
Third parties designated by you. We may share certainof your personal information with third parties where you have instructed us orprovided your consent to do so. For example, we may share certain of yourpersonal information with your employer with whom we are collaborating to offeryou services such as promotional items. As another example, we may share yourpersonal information with research partners (such as universities) with whom weare conducting research in areas such as green-savings incentives. We willshare personal information that is needed for these entities to provide theservices that you have requested. For example, generally, our sharing of yourpersonal information to your employer in the context of the CorporateMembership Services Agreement through which your employer may offer awards forgreen choices will identify broad merchant categories and associated carbonreductions. We do not necessarily control how these third parties may use yourpersonal information.
Advertising partners. Third-party advertisingcompanies for the interest-based advertising purposes described above. We arenot responsible for how these advertising partners may use your personalinformation.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such aslawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of theprofessional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement,government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to benecessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes describedabove.
Business transferees. Acquirers and otherrelevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations of or duediligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger,consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all orany portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Future or ouraffiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Access or update your information. If you have registeredfor an account with us through the Service, you may review and update certainaccount information by logging into the account or by contacting us.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out ofmarketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructionsat the bottom of the email, or by contacting us.Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you maycontinue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Mobile location data. You can disable our access to yourdevice’s location in your mobile device settings.
Advertising choices. You may be able to limit use of yourinformation for interest-based advertising by:
● Browser settings. Blockingthird-party cookies in your browser settings.
● Privacy browsers/plug-ins. Byusing privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you blocktracking technologies.
● Platform settings. Third partycompanies offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of yourinformation for interest-based advertising.
● Ad industry tools. Opting outof interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industryopt-out programs:
o Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
o Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
o AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices,which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served byparticipating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
● Mobile settings. Using yourmobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with yourmobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each deviceand browser from which you wish to opt-out.
We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companieswe work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured tosend “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currentlydo not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “DoNot Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collectpersonal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide theinformation we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to providethose services.
Delete your content or close your account. Youcan choose to delete certain content through your account. If you wish torequest to close your account, please contact us.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobileapplications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition,our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that arenot associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of,or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do notcontrol websites, mobile applications or online services operated by thirdparties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to readthe privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and onlineservices you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physicalsafeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However,security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and wecannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may useservice providers that operate in other countries. Your personal informationmay be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy lawsmay not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under 18 yearsof age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe wehave collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us.If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Servicefrom a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as requiredby law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete theinformation.
How to contact us